No one truly loves moving. Most people consider it to be a necessary evil. While you probably don’t have to go through the stress of moving on a regular basis, it is something you’ll have to go through every so often.
Moving the Right Way
When it is time to move, it’s best to do it as efficiently as possible. While you may think this will involve doing everything on your own, it’s better to hire a moving company for the following reasons:
1. Moving Companies Know What They’re Doing
Moving-related accidents in New York City aren’t just a cautionary tale. They’re real, and they can happen to you. Whether you’re moving a grand piano or you’re trying to carry your kitchenware to the moving truck, sustaining an injury is a real possibility. Most moving-related injuries occur when people try to lift heavy objects on their own.
Items like beds, sofa, and other heavy furniture require moving experts and professional equipment. If you have neither, you’re setting yourself for a pretty painful situation.
2. You Can Keep Your Family and Friends Happy
None of your family or friends want to suffer through moving day preparation with you. No matter how much they love you, there’s only so much packing up they can do. Instead of begging your loved ones to help you through your marathon packing days, hire a moving company. With the help of professional movers in New York City, you’ll be able to keep the moving day anxiety to a minimum without forcing your friends into helping you.
3. You’ll Save Time and Energy on Moving Day
Hiring a moving company will help you save time and energy to complete the rest of the items on your to-do list. Instead of using up your energy and time boxing, loading, and transporting your belongings, you can finalize the other details of your move. Whether you need to handle setting up your utilities, getting a new ID, or cleaning up your place before you leave, you’ll have the time to do that if you hire a moving company.
4. Professional Movers Have the Proper Equipment
Moving requires dismantling your belongings, properly packaging them, and successfully carrying them out to the moving van. If you don’t have the right equipment to do this efficiently, you’re effectively wasting time. Instead, spend a little money and hire professional movers that have the necessary equipment to do the job well.
5. Your Valuables Will be Insured
When moving on your own, you run the risk of improperly packaging your belongings. This will more than likely result in some things getting broken or damaged along the way. Instead of facing this unfortunate situation, hire a moving company. With professional movers, all of your valuable belongings will be insured.
Moreover, when trusting your valuables to professional movers, they are less likely to become broken. Since these movers have years of experience, they know what they’re doing. Instead of haphazardly packaging up your priceless furniture, they’ll be able to ensure every precaution is taken as they prepare your items for moving.
Are you still thinking about moving everything on your own? Think again. Keep these five things in mind as you get ready to take on your next big move.
Tips for Finding a Bronx Moving Company
It’s not easy to move to a new place. Many things need to be done, and if you don’t have the time or expertise, it can seem like an impossible task. And hiring movers is just half of the process. You still have to consider several factors to ensure that you’re hiring the right people for the job.
Where in Bronx are you moving to? How big is the size of your household inventory? Is there any fragile stuff that you need to relocate? So many questions that no one would blame you if it feels overwhelming.
To make sure you don’t end up getting scammed or suffer a bad experience, Great Guys Moving, a website dedicated to ranking the best movers in the country shares these general tips on hiring a Bronx moving company.
- Be wary of fake reviews. Many rogue movers post great experiences about their service or even pay people to leave positive feedbacks on their sites to make them look more appealing. Don’t fall for this.
- Check their license. This may sound like common sense, but you’d be surprised how many people skip this step. Make sure your potential movers are registered with the Department of Transportation and local authorities.
- Always get a written estimate first. Many movers will give low-ball estimates on purpose because they know that once they have your belongings in their truck, they can charge whatever prices they want.
- Know what’s covered in their insurance. Most reputable moving companies typically cover $0.60 times the weight of the item in pounds.
- Insist on a binding not-to-exceed estimate. Make sure they provide the estimate in writing so they cannot change/raise their prices when moving day comes around.
Keep in mind that you’re the boss of this operation. You decide who you hire. So make sure that you only work with the best movers in town.